Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Oh how fast they grow" (said in my best old lady voice)

Ever since the time I was pregnant people have always warned me that "It goes by so fast".  I've always said I understand and I'll try to cherish every moment.  I really do cherish every moment of my son's life, but I still don't think I fully grasp how fast the time is going by.  My son, Andrew, is already 15 months* old!  Just 2 years ago this week, I was in Week 4 of my pregnancy and Andrew was just  beginning to form his major internal organs.  I was feeling tired but I had no idea I was even pregnant.  It's so amazing to think how much life has changed in just 2 little years.  



Andrew had his 15 month appointment today.  We're blessed that he's a happy and healthy kid.  He's in the 91st percentile for his height and the 65th for his weight.  I wonder if he'll stay big for his age.  No matter what I really look forward to watching him grow.  

         *side note: I've always believed once my son turned 1, I'd just say he's 1 and drop the month talk.  For those of you who aren't parents, it's much harder then you'd think to say your kid is 1 when he's 15 months.  There are so many changes that happen every month that you end up talking about age in months.  I still find it annoying that I talk in months when he's over a year old but I just can't seem to stop. 



Chicken Update:

I checked in on the chickens when I got home from work and saw that another chick hatched (an orange one).  :)  Broody Judy gave up on the last two eggs which gave me an opportunity to cleaned out the old shells and the last 2 eggs.  One of the eggs had a crack in it.  I opened it up a little bit and confirmed that the chick died.  I'll spare you the photograph (unless you want it) but it was a little black chick. 


Here's Judy exploring with the chicks.




Can you believe just 22 & 23 days ago eggs were being laid that resulted in these little peepers?  

Children and chicks: "Oh how fast they grow"

2 comments: