Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 21 for the rest

Today is day 21 for the remaining half of the incubated eggs. The first thing I did when I got home from work was check on the hen.  I noticed she had moved to the other corner of the box.  I saw two empty eggs left behind from where she had been and a black blob in the back corner of the box.  I really couldn't tell what the black blob was but I was thinking perhaps the black chick died.  Thankfully I didn't reach in to take it out because it was a big load of chicken poop.  Lol, who knows maybe it would have made for a funny blog.

I moved Broody Judy and saw a total of 5 chicks.


All of the chicks that hatched today were white.  I saw black marks on at least 2 of them.  They'll start exploring over the next couple of days and I'll be able to get a better look at them.  



I hope you enjoyed reading as they hatched.  I'll keep posting more pictures as they grow.  Oh and we're buying some more chicks on Wednesday.


2 comments: